Court defers action on Willie's new show

MANILA, Philippines (2nd UPDATE) - The Quezon City Regional Trial Court (RTC) on Friday morning deferred action on the petition filed by ABS-CBN Corporation seeking to prevent its former host Willie Revillame from hosting an upcoming show on TV5.

According to ABS-CBN's lawyer Maxim Uy, no temporary restraining order (TRO) was decided during Friday's hearing.

Uy said that the motion was submitted for the judge to study, and it will be decided after October 15.

The lawyer said that if Revillame decides to go on with his new show anytime before October 15, then they can't do anything.

Revillame said he's thankful to ABS-CBN Chairman Gabby Lopez Jr. and President Charo Santos-Concio for giving him the break as a host, but he now wants to work for a network that wants him.

"Tuloy po ang programa ng bawat Pilipino. Malaki ang utang na loob ko kay Sir Gabby, kay Ma'am Charo pero doon na ko sa gusto sa akin," Revillame said.

On Tuesday, the Kapamilya network asked the Quezon City RTC to issue a temporary restraining order (TRO) and a writ of preliminary injunction to stop Revillame “from committing further violations to his contract with the network” by launching “Willing Willie.”

The new show will reportedly air on October 23 at prime time.

On Friday's hearing, Revillame arrived at the Quezon City RTC at around 9 a.m. and was greeted by some of his fans. He was with his lawyers and entertainment writer-host Lolit Solis.

The judge in the hearing was Luisito Cortez, who inhibited himself from trying the murder case filed against Datu Unsay Mayor Andal Ampatuan Jr. regarding the Maguindanao massacre last year.

 'All about honoring contract'

In response to the court's decision, ABS-CBN said its "application for TRO has been submitted for resolution of the Judge, who ordered both parties to file all pleadings by Oct 15, after which he shall decide on the application."

"ABS-CBN reiterates that the issue on Willie Revillame is all about honoring a contract. To the Kapamilya network, it is the ethical and right thing to do.  It is a noble act of a person who values honesty and integrity," the network said.

"So when Willie chose to ignore his contract with ABS-CBN, we were left with no choice but to ask the court to intervene. We have not been negligent in reminding Willie about his contract obligations and when he asked for the rescission of his contract, ABS-CBN chose to apply for a TRO and fight for what is right and honorable," ABS-CBN said.

No comments:

Post a Comment